- June sees the release of the first ever biography on Kim Wilde, written by Marcel Rijs. 'Pop Don't Stop: A Biography' as it is called, was written over the course of last year. Starting in 1939 with the birth of Marty Wilde, the book tells the story of Kim's entire career and includes facts on every song Kim has ever recorded. The book will be a lavishly illustrated volume and will also include a Foreword by Kim herself and short interviews with key people that have been involved in her career through the years.
Coming soon: 'Kim Wilde - Pop Don't Stop: A Biography'
- Tom Aspaul's remix album 'Black Country Discothèque', which features a duet with Kim Wilde, will be released as a limited edition deluxe gatefold double LP this summer. Only 500 copies will be made, with only 150 of them signed by the singer himself. The album features the remixed version of Aspaul's song 'W.M.', which features vocals by Kim Wilde, as well as a generous selection of remixed versions of songs from his debut album 'Black Country Disco'.
Tom Aspaul releases double LP
- Kim Wilde's 'Greatest Hits Tour' in the Netherlands will be postponed. The reason is the current situation in the country as a result of the Covid-19 pandemic. The artist will catch up on her European tour next year and will come to the Netherlands in November 2022. The tickets will remain valid. The tour organization has also announced the new dates for the Dutch shows.
Dutch tour pushed back to November 2022
- The village festival Goatfest in Codicote, Hertfordshire is returning in 2021 with a three day extravaganza featuring a host of local talent, plus headliners Sons of Pitches, From The Specials and Kim Wilde. With three days of music, four stages, market stalls, street food and a camping site, this festival will bring back the good times the UK has missed for such a long time. Goatfest will take place on 27, 28 and 29 August 2021. Tickets are available from goatfestuk.com.
Kim Wilde live on Goatfest
- Ricky Wilde is one of the signatories of a letter to the UK's prime minister Boris Johnson, along with other big names of the music industry like Sir Paul McCartney, Annie Lennox, Chris Martin, Jimmy Page, Robert Plant, Kate Bush, Roger Daltrey, Damon Albarn, Noel Gallagher, Laura Marling and Sir Tim Rice.
Ricky Wilde joins British musicians campaign for streaming ER
- Tom Aspaul releases his remix album 'Black Country Discothèque' today, featuring 17 tracks. The album contains remixes of the tracks that were released last year on his album 'Black Country Disco'. The track 'W.M.' was remixed by Initial Talk and features new vocals by Kim Wilde. The collaboration was announced last month in an exclusive interview with Ricky Wilde on Retropop.