- Fans who have kept track of Ricky Wilde's recent activities will have noticed the release of Nina's recent album 'Synthian', a collection of amazing synth-driven songs that wouldn't look too bad in any Kim Wilde fan's record collection. Ricky co-wrote the tracks ‘Runaway’ and 'Gave up on us' on that album.
Kim sings on Ricky Wilde's remix of Nina's 'The Wire'
- Kim Wilde has released many songs during her career. Some of them have been covered by other artists. On Cover Friday, Wilde Life presents cover versions of Kim Wilde songs. This week: Sômbre. 'Kids in America' has been covered over 100 times, so when you attempt to record another cover version, you better try and add something that previous offerings haven't. The French band Sômbre seem to have been successful on that front.
Cover Friday: Sômbre
- Kim and Marty Wilde will be appearing together on Sky TV this Saturday, remembering their big hits 'Teenager in love' (Marty) and 'Kids in America' (Kim), as well as showing the special lockdown video for 'Running together', the title track of Marty's forthcoming new album. They recorded a promo for the show, which you can see right here:
Kim and Marty on Sky TV this Saturday
- Kim Wilde's first records were written and produced by her father and brother, Marty and Ricky. The three of them have had a great influence on the music world, as this regular series 'Wilde World' shows. Ricky Wilde's debut single 'I am an astronaut' has had more of an impact than one would think. Through the years this website has identified several cover versions of the song. Most of them have come from Scandinavia, but there have been a few occurances in other countries as well. The latest discovery is called 'Nemám se zkrátka prát' and was recorded back in 1976 by Czechoslovakian artist Jaromír Mayer.
Wilde World: Jaromír Mayer
- On October 2, 2020 Marty Wilde will finally release his long awaited new album 'Running together'. The album features 15 tracks and also contains two remarkable surprises for Kim Wilde fans: Marty's own version of the Kim Wilde hit 'Cambodia' - which he wrote for her in 1981 - and also a new duet with Kim called '60's world'. Kim's younger sister Roxanne also makes several appearances on the album, featuring on the tracks 'So undecided', 'Riding on a rainbow', 'The middle of love', 'When there's loving (all over the world)' and 'Don't want to fall in love again'.
Pre-order Marty Wilde's new album
- Yesterday saw the release of Yellow Springs' first song. The song is called 'Angel' and is available on all streaming platforms. The band Yellow Springs consists of Sean Button, Aaron McComiskie and Harry Fowler. The latter is of course Kim and Hal's son who has been involved in a number of bands during the past decade - but Yellow Springs is the first to release a track through the usual commercial channels like Amazon Music and Spotify.
Yellow Springs release 'Angel'
Recent additions and changes
- This is your life: Tony Blackburn #TV1 minute 55 seconds ago
- Wood, Roy #Encyclopedia6 hours 17 minutes ago
- Rescue me #Encyclopedia6 hours 18 minutes ago
- Showstoppers #TV2 days 23 hours ago
- Kids in America 1994 (music video) #TV3 days 23 hours ago
- Kandy Krush #Encyclopedia5 days ago
- Wideboys #Encyclopedia5 days ago
- Kids in America #Encyclopedia1 week 2 days ago
- Tom Duke & Grønærten #Encyclopedia1 week 2 days ago
- Taivalkunta Beat #Encyclopedia1 week 2 days ago