- With musicians confined to their homes as a result of the Covid-19 crisis, remarkable pieces of music are still being made. Take for instance the members of the Dutch Dweilorkest De Feintsjes, who recorded a cover version of 'Anyplace anywhere anytime' from their respective homes. The result is a video that is remarkable to watch. The instrumental cover version was arranged by Johan Postma. You can watch the video right here:
Cover version of 'Anyplace anywhere anytime' from 15 different homes
- Yesterday saw the release of the album 'Synth Songs of Hope vol. 1', a collection of songs by different artists including Ricky Wilde and Scarlett Wilde. Ricky offers the song 'Hearts start beating', written especially for this compilation, and Scarlett contributes a remix of 'Synchronise' by SJBRAVO. 'Synchronise' was released in March on Scarlett's 'Unearthed' album.
Ricky and Scarlett offer Synth Songs of Hope
- Joe Trey, self-described motorcycle travel blogger, writer and one time wanna-be-rockstar has recorded a remarkable cover version of Kim Wilde's 'Kids in America'. Titled 'Kids in Quarantine', it describes current events as children are to stay at home and parents have to deal with working from home and playing the home teacher all at the same time. With added drums by Craig Pilo and backing vocals by various relatives, it has become an interesting track both lyrically and musically. You can see the music video right here:
New cover version of 'Kids in America' describes current events
- After yesterday's treat, Kim Wilde's new track 'Numinous', her father Marty has followed suit and released a video and new song today. Titled 'Running together', the song is the title track from his forthcoming new album, to be released later this year. The video was made this month during lockdown. You can see Marty singing the song, with Roxanne and Kim providing backing vocals from their own homes (well, gardens, actually) and Marty's Wildcats playing their instruments at home as well. Paul Vernon edited and produced the video. You can see the result right here:
Marty Wilde presents new track 'Running together'
- Kim Wilde has presented a new video and song called 'Numinous' today. It is an unreleased track recorded during sessions for the 'Here come the aliens' album. Snippets of the track can actually be heard in the intro for the song '1969' on that album. You can watch the video right here:
Kim Wilde presents new track 'Numinous'
- Green Day frontman Billie Joe Armstrong has recorded a cover of Kim Wilde's 1981 hit 'Kids in America' in the latest installment of his weekly series No Fun Mondays. “This week’s No Fun Mondays is dedicated to the one, the only, Mike Dirnt. Happy birthday!”, says Armstrong about his bandmate as the bassist turns 48 on May 4. “Play this one loud just for him.” Armstrong launched the weekly cover song series four weeks ago during quarantine. Previous installments included a version of 'I think we're alone now' and 'Manic Monday' featuring Susanna Hoffs from the Bangles. You can see the video for 'Kids in America' right here:
Green Day's Billie Joe Armstrong covers 'Kids in America'
Recent additions and changes
- Cover version of 'Anyplace anywhere anytime' from 15 different homes #News2 days 1 hour ago
- Kids in America #Encyclopedia2 days 17 hours ago
- Kids in quarantine #Encyclopedia2 days 17 hours ago
- Ricky and Scarlett offer Synth Songs of Hope #News3 days 4 hours ago
- Razzmatazz #TV3 days 18 hours ago
- New cover version of 'Kids in America' describes current events #News4 days 4 hours ago
- Rock Machine #Article1 week 2 days ago
- Cheese #Article1 week 3 days ago
- Numinous #Encyclopedia1 week 3 days ago
- Marty Wilde presents new track 'Running together' #News1 week 3 days ago