- The popular BBC television show Strictly Come Dancing is in its 17th series this autumn, and yesterday's episode featured a dance routine based on Kim Wilde's 'Kids in America'. Contestants Emma Weymouth (fashion model, socialite, and television personality) and Aljaž Škorjanec (Slovenian dancer and choreographer) danced a jive to a cover version of the song. Ricky wished them luck before the show... Best of luck you beauties! Smash it xx https://t.co/4kxzKG5KOi
'Kids in America' on Strictly Come Dancing
- Kim Wilde will return to Paris in 2020. As the Greatest Hits Tour for next year is coming together, separate dates are being announced and one of the first is the live gig at La Cigale on November 5, 2020. Ticket sales start on October 8, 2019. Kim's most recent appearance at La Cigale happened on May 26, 2018. The track 'Cambodia' on Kim's current live album 'Aliens Live' was recorded during that concert. Next year's concert promises to be another highlight of the tour, thanks to the always enthusiastic response from the French audience.
Kim Wilde returns to Paris in 2020
- Set list to follow soon
- Kim Wilde and Benny Smith played a live concert for Tilehouse, a free counselling centre in Hitchin. They played several Motown songs, some covers and of course some Kim Wilde hits. Tracks of my tears How sweet it is Lean on me Wonderful world Signed sealed delivered They don't know Wonderful life Big yellow taxi Four letter word You came You keep me hangin' on Kids in America
Kim Wilde & Benny Smith for Tilehouse Counselling
- Kim Wilde has released many songs during her career. Some of them have been covered by other artists. On Cover Friday, Wilde Life presents cover versions of Kim Wilde songs. This week: Oi Banner. There are many, many covers of Kim Wilde's 'Kids in America' - and a handful of covers with lyric variations. This edition's cover is one of those: 'Kids de France' is entirely sung in French by Oi Banner. Released on October 6, 2016, it is featured on a split EP with another French punk band, You Stupid Woman.
Cover Friday: Oi Banner
- Kim Wilde's first records were written and produced by her father and brother, Marty and Ricky. The three of them have had a great influence on the music world, as this regular series 'Wilde World' shows. Since this series of blogs started, there have been many discoveries of songs written by Marty Wilde and Ronnie Scott. Together they were a very prolific songwriting team, with their songs ending up in all corners of the world. This song, 'La fille que j'attends' ('The girl I'm waiting for') was recorded by Noël Cognac.
Wilde World: Noël Cognac
Recent additions and changes
- I love 80's music #Books4 hours 44 minutes ago
- Hitchin counselling charity duets with 80s pop star Kim Wilde in £20,000 fundraiser #Article1 day 5 hours ago
- 'Kids in America' on Strictly Come Dancing #News2 days 4 hours ago
- Kim Wilde: a desperation of love destroyed her ... for 2 years! #Article3 days 3 hours ago
- La classe #TV3 days 7 hours ago
- Kim Wilde: I see life in black #Article3 days 7 hours ago
- Review - Aliens Live #Article3 days 10 hours ago
- Aliens Live #Album3 days 10 hours ago
- You keep me hangin' on (live in Vienna) #Single3 days 10 hours ago
- Damals war's #TV3 days 10 hours ago