- June sees the release of the first ever biography on Kim Wilde, written by Marcel Rijs. 'Pop Don't Stop: A Biography' as it is called, was written over the course of last year. Starting in 1939 with the birth of Marty Wilde, the book tells the story of Kim's entire career and includes facts on every song Kim has ever recorded. The book will be a lavishly illustrated volume and will also include a Foreword by Kim herself and short interviews with key people that have been involved in her career through the years.
Coming soon: 'Kim Wilde - Pop Don't Stop: A Biography'
- The music blog Retropop has posted the first part of an exclusive interview with Ricky Wilde earlier today. In the interview, he talks about his ongoing work with his sister, the highs and lows of their career, Kim's first steps in songwriting and why making music now is better than ever. You can read the first part of the interview on the Retropop website.
Exclusive interview with Ricky Wilde on Retropop
- It looks like 2021 will be a better year for festivals than 2020 was. After a recent press conference in the UK in which a 'roadmap to recovery' was presented, it looks like life should return to normal after 21 June. The Let's Rock festivals have responded with various announcements over the past few days. Since Kim will perform on a number of them, here's the most recent state of affairs for the editions featuring Kim Wilde this year:
Let's Rock festivals are back this summer!
- Before Giovanna Zarrella's second album “CIAO!” is released on 9 April 2021 after his platinum debut album 'La Vita è Bella' (2019), his new single 'Ci Sarai (Irgendwie)' was released this week. This is a German-Italian remake of the Nena & Kim Wilde track 'Anyplace, Anywhere, Anytime', which was a hit for the duo in 2003. Guesting on the cover version is Pietro Lombardi, who sings the German parts of the track. It is a casual, relaxed remake that is Latin and dance inspired. Christian Geller produced the track, who has previously worked with A-ha, Enigma and Sandra, among others.
Giovanni Zarella & Pietro Lombardi release Nena & Kim Wilde cover
- The John Dyer Gallery will be supporting Cornwall Mind with their 'Artists & Celebrities Art Auction' in April. An array of Britain’s foremost contemporary artists and celebrities have together donated over 80 artworks for the auction, with all the profit raised going directly to help fund Cornwall Mind's vital support services to make sure anyone with a mental health problem in Cornwall has somewhere to turn. One of the artists is Kim Wilde.
Kim Wilde painting to be auctioned
- Speaking exclusively to the Retropop website, Ricky Wilde has revealed that the forthcoming Greatest Hits album will feature two new tracks. One is a duet with Boy George, the other will be a duet with Tom Aspaul, who released his debut album 'Black Country Disco' last year. According to the article, Kim is returning the favour for both singers: she appears on Boy George's latest album 'Cool Karaoke Vol. 1' in the song 'Name and Numer', and she is set to appear on a new version of the song 'W.M.' on Aspaul’s upcoming ‘Black Country Disco’ remix album.