Every two years, Ricky and Mandy Wilde host the Wilde Winter Ball at Knebworth House to raise money for The Hertfordshire Breast Unit Appeal. All the tickets for the gala on November 30 have been sold out, but there are still many ways to help. And best of all, for Kim Wilde fans there are some fabulous prizes on offer.
On this page you can find out all about the prizes on auction.
The silent auction includes:
- a white guitar signed by Kim Wilde, Nik Kershaw, ABC, T’pau, Dr And The Medics, Toyah, Altered Images, Belouis Some, Bucks Fizz, Hothouse Flowers, Kenny Thomas, Living In A Box and Ricky Wilde;
- 2 tickets to see Kim Wilde’s live acoustic show at The Stables in Milton Keynes on December 15 – with a meet and greet;
- An original Australian award for sales of the album ‘The Singles Collection 1981-1993’.
The live auction includes:
- Ricky Wilde’s stage guitar painted by the world famous artist Pure Evil;
- A song custom written for you with Ricky and Kim Wilde.
Of course, these items are set to raise high amounts. If you wish to donate to the cause, you can also do so via the same website.
The aim is to raise enough for a new Radiotherapy Unit to be built at Lister Hospital; astonishingly it would be the first Radiotherapy Unit in the whole of the Hertfordshire area. They need to raise £1.5 Million which will obviously take several years.. but if successful would be a one stop clinic for all consultations, tests, biopsies, and treatments. This unit would be invaluable for the Hertfordshire area and the growing number of people being diagnosed with cancer, as all cancer sufferers needing radiotherapy would benefit from it too, not only for our generation but future generations to come.
The Wilde Winter Ball has become a very important part of Mandy and Ricky’s lives. Please help them fulfil their goal if you can, it would be most appreciated.